Product added to cart
Some horses may have a severe allergic reaction to insect stings. In most cases, this is an allergic reaction to the saliva of the Culicoïdes Robertii mosquito, also known as midges. Horses get severe itching at the base of the tail and mane, therefore this allergic reaction is also called tail and mane eczema (SME).
With timely use of an eczema rug, you can keep the itching of your horse well under control. We advise to put on an eczema rug at temperatures above 10 degrees when your horse suffers from SME. An eczema rug is made of a dense breathable fabric that the midges can't pierce and covers the horse's body, legs and head. Eczema rugs often have an extra long tail flap and belly flap to give the horse optimal protection.
If your horse does show signs of itching such as excessive rubbing, there are also remedies to relieve this itching and to care for any wounds.
Some examples are:
- Cavalor Sw-Itch
- NAF D-Itch supplement
- NAF D-Itch Ointment
- Efrata Dead Sea Gel
- Sectolin Sweetitch
View as Grid List
Items 1-12 of 31
- MASTER Zebra UV Eczema RugAs low as €69.95
- Rambo Petite HoodyAs low as €124.95
- QHP Eczema Rug hoodieAs low as €124.95
- QHP Eczema rug IcelandicAs low as €79.95
- QHP Eczema rug Big NeckAs low as €79.95
- QHP Eczema Rug comfortAs low as €89.95
- QHP Eczema Neck CoverAs low as €34.95
- QHP Eczema MaskAs low as €19.95
- QHP Eczema rugAs low as €64.95
- WeatherBeeta ComFiTec Sweet Itch Shield Combo Neck White/BlueAs low as €100.00
- Amigo Ripstop HoodyAs low as €114.95
- Busse Eczeem Hals Extensive ZipAs low as €42.90