Sectolin Tedax Fly spray
Sectolin Tedax is an effective repellent against insects such as (tropical) mosquitoes, flake flies/dages, stable flies and ticks. The product is registered as a biocide, approval number: 15591.
This spray can be used against:
- (Tropical) mosquitoes and flies on humans (riders)
- Mosquitoes, flies (including stable flies) on horses, not intended for human consumption
- Mosquitoes and ticks on dogs
Instructions for use:
The operating instructions must be observed.
- Do not use in children under 3 years of age.
- If used on horses, apply the product only before riding.
- Only apply the product to horses or dogs indoors (in a ventilated area) or outdoors above a hardened surface. This is to prevent soil pollution.
- Rinsing of horses and dogs treated with this product is only allowed in indoor washing areas or at least above a paved surface. The product is intended exclusively for non-professional use.
Keep the aerosol away from the skin 10-15 cm while spraying, keeping the nozzle away from your face. Treat the skin with a slowly waving movement. Apply to the head by first injecting a small amount into your palms and then spreading it over the head and neck. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated place. Because of health risks, it should not be applied more than once a day to humans, horses and dogs.
Factors such as temperature, humidity and sweating can affect operation.
Use TEDAX® for horses that will come into contact with mosquitoes or flies (including stable flies), for example for an outdoor ride, a competition or grazing. For a 450 kg horse, apply 200 g TEDAX® at a time by spraying it evenly on the body surface for at least 2 minutes. TEDAX® protects against flies (including stable flies) and mosquitoes for 24 hours (based on 90% protection). The protection starts immediately after application.
Use TEDAX® just before contact with (tropical) mosquitoes or goose flies is expected, for example for an outdoor ride or competition. Apply TEDAX® evenly to the uncovered parts of the body. Avoid spraying on eyes and mouth. Face and neck treatment: spray a small amount onto the palm of the hand and spread over the skin. TEDAX® protects 6 hours against (tropical) mosquitoes and 4 hours against kite flying (based on 100% protection). The protection starts immediately after application.
Use TEDAX® for dogs that will come into contact with mosquitoes or ticks: for example, for walking, hunting, dog racing, or outdoor exhibitions. For a dog weighing 40 kg, apply 11 g TEDAX® by spraying it evenly on the body surface for at least 7 seconds. TEDAX® protects 8 hours against mosquitoes and 4 hours against ticks (based on 90% protection). The protection starts immediately after application.
Saltidin® (Icaridin) 20% (200 g/kg).